Wednesday, May 21, 2008

OMG! OMG!

Look what J-Cat got me for my birthday!

I've been wanting a mandolin for so long! It's a Fender and it's much nicer than what I would have gotten for myself. Now I just have to figure out how to play it. There are a lot of strings. And the pick. And frets. Hmmmm. He broke out his guitar and we started to play...absolutely nothing together.

PS. I know I haven't posted in a while, but I sadly haven't had time to cook lately. But stay tuned because this weekend there are interesting goodies coming up.

4 comments:

Leah said...

YAY mandolin! That is soooo awesome! It's really fun, isn't it?

faycat said...

So fun, but it's gonna take some practicing to not sound like a mess! I think we're going to bring the mandolin, guitar, and the future banjo upstate this summer, will you come and jam with us?

Leah said...

Oh, yes indeedy!

B said...

That's awesome! Learn the ending from "Maggie May" and the theme from Doctor Zhivago, and "Losing My Religion".

wish you were out here. we needed a violin on our most recent recording.