Tuesday, June 19, 2007

sunday supper: e coli edition

I did actually make dinner on Sunday evening, but I haven't posted anything about it yet because the night culminated in the worst case of food poisoning that I have ever experienced. I just want to make it clear, however, that J-Cat also ate everything that I cooked and did not get sick. So I'm sticking with the knowledge that some food poisoning can take 24-72 hours to make you sick, and it was something I ate the day before and did not cook. Actually, Dr. Mom came to take care of me yesterday when I was in constant agony, and agreed that my symptoms and the course of the illness sounded more like E Coli than anything else, and apparently E Coli can take days to affect you. I don't want to know what it was doing while waiting those few days. I guess I'm just glad that it waited until I was at home and "Entourage" was over.

So in the last 36 hours, I have eaten only some plain soupy rice, a slice of bread, about 2 spoonfuls of chicken soup, and three bites of a ham and cheese sandwich that my stomach obviously did not like. Oh, and three triscuits. Those three triscuits are going to get me through the day. I have never been so afraid of food, but on the upside, I'm down 4 pounds in time for swimsuit season. I also discovered that Pedialyte is narsty and I can only drink it when it's watered down. Seriously, it's like syrup, this is really okay to give kids? How is it possible that it has less sugar than Gatorade?

2 comments:

B said...

You sure you aren't pregnant?

faycat said...

If that's what pregnancy feels like, then I don't understand how the species has persisted.