Wednesday, October 08, 2008

yummy meets yummy meets yummy



This is like my dream recipe. So many foods I obsessively love, all in one dish. I believe I have previously discussed my passion for cauliflower, and my other passion for chickpeas, and my more recent passion for ghee, and perhaps even my passion for curry. It's all here, it's simple and quick, it's hearty and filling, and believe it or not, it's actually pretty healthy.



I also makes the whole house smell heavenly. If your idea of heaven is curry, which it should be. Recipe after the jump:

CURRIED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHICKPEAS AND TOMATO
Adapted from a recipe by Tyler Florence, via Serious Eats

-Serves 4-
2 tbsp ghee
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 head cauliflower, stem removed and chopped into florets
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Salt
Fresh cilantro, chopped

Melt the ghee in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, curry powder, coriander, cumin, and ginger. Cook until onion is softened.

Add the tomatoes; cook for 6 minutes more.

Add the cauliflower, chickpeas, tomato paste, and 1 cup of water. Cover pot; cook 5 minutes. Remove lid; cook until liquid thickens. Stir until everything is coated. Season to taste with salt and sprinkle with cilantro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really does looks yummy...I wanna make one too. Btw, would you mind if we do link exchange? my site is mustlovefood.com a social network for foodies like you.

Shoot an email if you are interested.(linkbuilder@twobudz.com)

Thanks and hope to hear from you.