Thursday, May 03, 2007

cat or turkey?

Whenever I am packing a suitcase for a trip, Opaw loves to lounge around in the bag, making sure that I will take along a pound of fur when I go. I often joked that I wish I could just pack Opaw up in my suitcase and take her with me, or that she would want to go with me so much that she would sneak into the bag right before I left. You might think that you would notice if your bag was several pounds heavier than it should be, but I guess this lady didn't, because her cat stowed away in her bag for a 2-hour flight followed by a 1-hour drive, and she didn't find out until she opened her bag on the other end.

The best part of the story is that when she put her bag through the security x-ray, the guards asked her if she had a turkey in her bag and she insisted that she didn't. Really, how still can this cat possibly be? This bag was checked, not carry on. None of the baggage handlers noticed any movement in the bag?! Anyway, thankfully, kitty is just fine after her trip, and the airline let the cat fly home for free, in a proper pet carrier.

Look, I didn't make the "let the cat out of the bag" joke! Oh, I guess I just did...

No comments: