Friday, May 25, 2007

wait . . . what?! a new series

I think I have to start a new post series focusing on news that is so ridiculous, you have to do the cognitive double take, what I like to call "Wait...what?!". The first entry in the series comes from a post from the fantastic blog angry asian man, about the casting of an upcoming Hallmark Original Movie called Marco Polo. Starring Brian Dennehy. As Kublai Khan. The Mongol conquerer. Let that sink in. I can't even muster up a "WTF?!" for this one.

On a positive note, there is an actual Asian person in this movie. B.D. Wong plays Polo's companion/servant, Pedro. I'll give you another second for that one.


PEDRO.................................KUBLAI KHAN

Anyway, I imagine that at least there will be some noodles.

1 comment:

B said...

retardical casting. please throw in samuel l jackson as marco polo....