Thursday, July 26, 2007

my ambition is fading

There is something wrong with this world when after almost 2 whole months of earnest apartment hunting, I am on the verge of giving up and signing another lease at my current place. You know it's futile when you start seeing ads for $2300 "luxury" 1 bdrms across from the Marcy Projects. I did not make this up. I am not exagerrating. Check it out. I lost count on how many blatant real estate lies are flying around that ad. First of all, if the building is on the corner of Myrtle and Nostrand, there is no way you can try to claim that this is in Clinton Hill or even the Bed-Stuy/Clinton Hill border. Newsflash, generally if you're already past Bedford Ave., you're in Bed-Stuy. And I think when you get almost 10 blocks past the border, you're no longer "on the border". I'm not trying to knock Bed-Stuy, I actually think it's insulting to people who live in Bed-Stuy that realtors insist on calling their neighborhood Clinton Hill to make it sound attractive. Second of all, I hardly think that 20 blocks is close to the A or C train. I'll give them credit for not claiming to be "steps" from Ft. Greene Park. That would be a shitload of steps. I guess I'm looking at my sixth year in glorious East Williamsburg.

No comments: