Friday, April 20, 2007

another crapass week

I just don't even have the energy to talk about it. First the massacre, then the constantly worsening pet food recall, then the Supreme Court sucks out the last remnants of my will to get out of bed. You know shit's gotta be bad if I'm not in the mood to talk about food.

Okay, I'll talk about it for 5 seconds. J-Cat needed comfort food on Wednesday night, and his kind was really spicy Chinese food and bubble tea. This is a dangerous combination that I won't elaborate on. I needed comfort food last night, so I made eggplant parmigiana. And ate it with rice. It may sound weird, but it belongs on rice. Short grain Asian rice. But I didn't take any photos because eggplant parmigiana kind of looks like a mess. And I just wanted to eat it, and wallow in the melty cheese goodness of it.



I also bought a box of this Polish cookie-type thing called Chruscik. If you do a Google image search of the word "chruscik", you'll see a lot of pictures of bugs. It's not bugs. It's basically just pastry dough that's fried and covered with confectioner's sugar. Confectioner's sugar that is quite possibly laced with crack. J-Cat loves this stuff, and the end result is that when he passes out on the couch, his face and shirt are covered in sugar. It's really so sexy.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Just started reading your blog a couple of days ago and wanted to let you know that I really enjoy it - food and cats, what's not to love? And the pictures.....your spinach pesto pasta pic had my mouth watering. I must say, very admirable that you are able to curb hunger pangs long enough to take a picture first.

faycat said...

Thanks Gillian! Glad to have you as a reader.

The truth about being able to hold off long enough to take pictures is that I was stealing some bites before the pasta ever made it to a bowl anyway...

B said...

awww. she's said cuz she can't fit in the box.