Wednesday, April 11, 2007

macavity the mysterious commuting cat

This story in England's Daily Mail is exactly what I needed to cheer me up. Several bus drivers on the No 331 bus in the West Midlands region of England have discovered a cat who likes to ride the bus. This cat, who they have nicknamed Macavity (after a mysterious cat in a T.S. Eliot poem) rides the bus one stop from Walsall to Wolverhampton at least 2 or 3 mornings a week. He always gets on and off at the same stops, at about the same time of the morning. The stop where he gets on is in a residential area consisting of several semi-detached houses, while the stop where he gets off is in front of a row of shops, suspiciously close to a fish and chip shop. Apparently he doesn't have to pay for this service.

2 comments:

Me2 said...

I love this cat. Very much.

faycat said...

I know, I'm totally obsessed with him. If it wasn't clear that he belonged to someone I would be on the next plane to England to catch the 331 bus and kidnap him.